The MDM6000 modem is typically installed at both ends of a point-to-point satellite link or at the remote sites of a star network. The unit can work as a modulator, demodulator or modem depending on the network configuration and integrates seamlessly with terrestrial IP networks and equipment. The modem is in full compliance with the DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X standards to achieve barrier-breaking efficiency at maximum service availability.
- Very granular rate licensing scheme with rates from 1 Mbps up to 425 Mbps bidirectional
- Suitable for low, medium and high speed applications, for cellular backhaul, trunking and fiber restoration, baudrates upto 133 MBaud to handle all common transponder sizes
- Clean Channel Technology for additional bandwidth efficiency gains
- DVB-S2, DVB-S2X (up to 256APSK) and Newtec S2 Extensions backward compatibility
- Built-in Bandwidth Cancellation (up to 72 Mbaud) with fractional licensing for redundant modem
- Optional Equalink®
- All modcods and baudrates default enabled licensing on a per Mbps encapsulated rate.
- Default IF and L-band on Tx and Rx for ease of operation
- Automatic Uplink Power Control for combating uplink fading
- Optional FlexACM for adaptive environments
- Standard GSE encapsulation for minimal overhead with support for ULE, MPE, XPE for legacy networks
- Adaptive traffic shaping and bandwidth management
- Advanced Quality of Service (QoS)
- Easy integration with terrestrial IP data networks
- Easy operation through secure frontpanel, SNMP, HTTP and CLI interfaces